Monday, September 22, 2014

Dear fam and friends,
     Wow!! Another P-Day has come!! Every week passes by quicker and quicker.  This Thursday is the audition date for me to try out for the devotional musical number.  I am still looking for a pianist, but if I can't find one I'll have to accompany myself.  This past Tuesday we had Elder Richard G. Scott come and speak about communication with our Heavenly Father.  I got to sing in the choir and it was broadcasted to all the MTC's throughout the whole world.  It was AMAZING!!
     I still have to say that my favorite thing here at the MTC is personal study.  It is my one hour a day to have complete silence and to really talk to God.  Going outside really helps me regroup.  I can't believe that I'm the only one who has not gotten sick.  I really contribute this to me eating a lot of fresh fruits and veggies every day and no junk.
     I was told I could buy a guitar when I get to Korea, or bring my own, and I'm seriously thinking about having you ship my guitar from home.  I miss my attachment.  So, I'm planning on singing with my guitar at any park or public place I can find.  I can't believe that this is what the mission president has allowed me to do.  I'm hoping I can draw people to listening to God's message through music as well as proselyting.
    I'm learning new things each day. What I have learned so far has already changed my life.  The other day I was watching Bible videos and watched the videos from when Christ suffered in Gethsemane, up to when Stephen was being stoned for what he believed.  I watched how Peter was willing to talk and preach of Christ even when they were told not to.  These apostles knew the punishment and they could have died for disobeying, but they did NOT fear man.  For those men had no power over them, for God was with them.  When God is watching over you why fear?  Why be stressed, discouraged, and depressed?  God is there to guide you and love you your whole journey in this life.  God has created this universe.  He created you and I.  He is the Almighty God who can do all things.  He can blink his eye and command me to speak Korean and I would be able to speak it.  He can do anything.  Why fear??  "Be still my soul, the Lord is on my side."  This is God's work and He will not let me fail.  He has guided me throughout my whole life.  God loves you and I so much!! Jesus Christ is our Savior, Redeemer and friend.  He is what this church is all about, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I wear His name on my heart every day.  How blessed I am to be a part of this glorious work!
     There were only a few people in the beginning preaching about Christ, but when they did, they were persecuted, arrested, and /or killed.  We have a freedom of religion today and will not be killed for believing in Christ.  We don't have to die.  If there was no freedom of religion would you or I be willing to still teach and preach of Christ?  Would we be willing to die for God, or would we let the ways of men control us?  Abinadi was willing to die.  Joseph Smith was willing to die.  God is on OUR side.  All is well with Him.
     I miss you all so much but I truly am loving it out here!!!! I love being part of this work! I will write a personal letter this week and tell you more interesting stories.  Stay tuned for the next email. JK haha
   Lots of love, Michelle

No comments: