Saturday, November 22, 2014

       WOW!  I can't believe all that has happened.  A new baby in our family, moving from the house I've lived in all my life, and my little bro Justin leaving on his mission.  I know it will be o.k. though.  I wish I could meet baby Ethan.  I wish I could be there to say goodbye to our beautiful home.  I am happy we are moving but also really sad.  I always think of the song I sang, "The House That Built Me,"by Miranda Lambert, and start to get emotional.  Please say goodbye to my bedroom and the house for me.  Tell the house I'm going to miss it o.k.? 
     I'm going to miss Justin and I already do.  Justin……YOU CAN DO IT!!!  The mission is going to be the hardest thing you will ever do but I am telling you that YOU CAN DO IT!!!  You can do hard things.  Just say to yourself, "If Michelle can do it, hey….I can do it!" haha.  I love you Justin!!!!  Just remember to be 100% obedient.  Don't ever stop working hard.  You will have mornings when you do NOT want to get up but ya gotta.  You just have to do it.  Let go of everything and turn to the Lord.  It's the only way to make it.  I love you and please write me when you get to the MTC!  Also, always love your companion NO MATTER WHAT!!!  You will make it. 
     You will never believe what happened this week?  Do you remember the Family Home Evening music nights that Clyde Bawden was putting on weekly for missionaries?  He would play the piano and I would sing to bring the spirit to the people the missionaries would bring over on Monday nights.  Well, I have been telling my companion how effective these FHE music nights were, and we finally got to put one on.  We asked this elder who is amazing at the piano to come and play a few songs and bare his testimony.  I sang hymns in Korean and we also bore our testimonies.  The spirit was so strong!! We had two less active members come and two non members.  After we were done we asked if anyone had anything to say, and this lady named Joy stood up.  With tears in her eyes she told us how grateful she was for the music and how she felt this really good feeling in her heart.  I didn't understand all she said but I know she felt the spirit and her heart was touched.  It brought me back to the times with Clyde and all the miracles I saw from those music nights.  I know music can touch people's hearts in a way that words can't.  I am so grateful for this experience.  The less active that came, also came to church the next day, and I was so excited and happy.
     The Korean language is a very difficult language to learn and I admit I am struggling really bad.  I just don't like to talk about it because I'm trying not to be negative.  I can not speak real good, but I am improving slowly.
     It's freezing here!!!  I thought I liked the cold but I've changed my mind.  It's about 32 degrees during the day, and it should snow soon.  I am sure I'll get used to the cold though.  Everyone here lives in apartments and I am on the 5th floor.  I take an elevator every day.  My area in this city is known for the best training area and I love it here.  The only problem right now is you have to drink distilled water, or you will get sick.  I can not drink tap water.  It's just so dirty here, even though there are areas that are way more poor.  The American restaurants I have seen here are, "McDonalds, KFC, Krispy Kreme Donuts, Pizza Hut, and Dominos.  We don't eat that food though and stick with Korean.
     The Elders here are great!  Of course I am older than all of them and they are like little babies to me. haha but they are hard workers and  I admire all of them.  My companion is going home in 4 months and transfers are next week, but luckily I get to stay with her for 6 more weeks.
     Korea is probably one of the coolest places in the world.  Korean's are all about respect.  There are so many things that Americans do that cause Koreans to freak out.  You can never lean on a table.  You ALWAYS bow to everyone to show respect.  You always sit up straight when sitting.  It's not about being comfortable. haha.  Koreans are so nice and I am shocked to see how kind and giving they are.  Americans would never do the things that Korean's do.  They give you things just to serve you, and give you much food to make you happy.  Their whole desire is to serve and they are so selfless.  I just love their culture.
      I love all of you so much and am so grateful for all I have.  Good luck Justin.  I know you can do it!!

No comments: