Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Dear fam and friends,

     This week was transfers.  The AP is now in my district and it's soooo weird.  He's a great elder but doesn't seem to like sister missionaries.  He doesn't think they work as hard and our goal is to change his view on that.  He is training a new missionary and it's fun to see all the progress being made.  I really want to work hard because it's the right thing to do, but there's something in me that also wants to work even harder than ever JUST to prove to the AP that sister missionaries are the BEST!! haha (competitive)  I thought I was never progressing with the language, but found out that I'm right in the norm. I'm really happy to hear that!  My trainer is so good, and knows so much, and has really tried to help me become better in every aspect with being a missionary.  She is super happy all the time and very diligent.  She's a hard worker and makes me laugh all day.  We have so much fun together.  I am so thankful for her.
     I was shocked to hear that the song I wrote, (Middle of Starting Over), was being sung in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City!  Sabrina Carpenter must be having a hay day with my song!  Kinda jealous. JK. Wow!  I can't believe it.  I guess I'm being blessed for serving a mission.
     Well…..you will never guess what happened!  It snowed on the first day of December.  How cool is that?  We had a blizzard this morning!! oooohh it's cold!!  Every morning I still make my healthy green smoothies.  My comp asks me to make them for her too so I guess she really must like them.  For P-Day today we are getting our hair and nails done:)……….and cleaning…..:)  It's REALLY cold and snowy and so it's hard to want to be outside.
     We did nothing special on Thanksgiving day but just the normal thing.  In fact, I forgot it was Thanksgiving until 3 days later. haha whoops!
     Every Friday we teach English to the Koreans who want to learn it.  About 15 to 20 people come and it's really fun.  They get 30 minutes of English and 30 minutes of gospel teaching.  Something interesting….Here in Korea the women go to these public BATH HOUSES, which is part of the Korean culture.  The women have done this since they have grown up so it's just natural for them.  Our mission president asked us to visit one so that we can understand a little more about their culture.  It was kinda weird stuff…..but it's very natural for them.
     Last night we talked to people in the streets for 3 hours in the rain but it was fun.  We hand out "pass a long" cards all the time because it's so easy to find people when they are packed on the streets every day, and much easier than door to door tracting.
     Every morning we do our "froggy jumps" and "burpes" for exercise. We are getting sore again. haha!  Sometimes when I'm not carrying my guitar, I sing accapella in my lessons to the people.  Music is just engrained in me, and the Korean's are going to get it whether they want it or not. haha
     Justin I know you are leaving the MTC and will be on your way in a few days to Kentucky.  Remember to ALWAYS work hard.  ALWAYS have a positive attitude.  ALWAYS be obedient!!  Just love everyone!  You are an amazing brother and I know it will be so hard, but it's good to have a hard push!!
     Thanks everyone for your support.  I still can't believe I'm in Korea speaking KOREAN!!  It's crazy.  I miss you all so much!! Have a great week!! My email address is michelle.moyer@myldsmail.com

           Love, Michelle

No comments: