Monday, May 11, 2015

Dear fam and friends,

     I can't tell you how grateful I was to talk to you yesterday, and how happy I am right now.  I just feel so pumped and rejuvenated:)   I love you all so much!!  I can't explain it in words.  I am so excited for Daniel and Kira and their new baby that's on the way!  I can't wait to hold all the kiddos in my arms again.

     Well I would say the biggest news would be that I was called to transfer to a new area on Wednesday.  I will be sent to a district in Seoul called Gangseo-gu.  It's on the south side of the Han River and one of the 25 districts of the city.  It's north of where I am now in Seongnam, but it's on the western edge of Seoul, right near the river. 

     I was called to be senior companion, but also will be Sister Training Leader for the sister missionaries in my mission.  My companion now will have a new responsibility.  A lot of stress is coming my way but it's o.k.  I can do hard things!:)   I am very sad to leave this beautiful and wonderful area, and I did cry all yesterday believe me.  We have all been like one big family in my district, and so close, but I guess I am needed in another area now.  The good news is I get to serve in my area with a Korean elder that was with me at the MTC.  We are good friends so that will be fun.

      Also some news about this past week was that we did our training and it went really well!  The stressful part of the training was that we had to do it in front of the assistants because they are in our zone.  YIKES!!!  haha.  We also had to do it in Korean so it was pretty intense.  We just wanted to pass out after training because of our exhaustion. haha!   IT WAS SCARY STUFF!!!  The next day after all this training, I came down with a high fever from all the stress and lack of sleep.   We had to get up extra early in the mornings to prepare for this, and because of the stress as well, my body just broke down.  My companion knew exactly what to do naturally and I got rid of the fever after a day, but I have a cold now.  No worries, I'll be just fine!  I know the Lord is really blessing me and as long as I'm obedient and work hard everything will be o.k. here:)

     I love the Ninja smoothie maker you sent me, and now we drink smoothies again every day!  I heard you will be sending Justin the p90x dvd's  to him on his mission.  PLEASE SEND ME THEM TOO!!!  I prefer either p90x or Intensity work out program, either or.  You guys are awesome!  We have a DVD player here so we can watch them.  At the end of this month we possibly......maybe......might get iPads for all of the missionaries in our mission. YES! So excited!

     I don't really have much to tell you this week, because we just talked on the phone, but I will have a lot to tell you next week when I get my new companion and move to my new home in Gangseo-gu. (It's spelled like there's probably gangs there. haha)

     I have to say that every day here I am so exhausted that my companion and I both feel like a train just ran over us, but we are not dead, and we still have to get up in the early mornings regardless! haha!  Even though we feel so tired, it's totally worth the work!!  It brings so much joy to my life and I will never be able to express to you how much I have learned and how much love I have for our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I love this gospel!!!  I love you all and can't wait to tell you the news about my new area next week.  I loved skyping with you all and loved seeing the new house.  It looks beautiful and I can't wait to see it for real!  I love you and I'll talk to you next week!!!   Once again, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

          Love Michelle

No comments: