Thursday, February 4, 2016

PLEASE PRAY FOR THIS KOREAN LAND?  PRAY FOR ALL THE MISSIONARIES AROUND THE WORLD AND IN YOUR WARD.  THIS WORK IS SO IMPORTANT!

Dear family and friends,

     Well first things first,  I LOVE YOU!!:)    Second, our investigator is getting baptized on February 21st.  We are SO EXCITED for her but we have a lot of work to do to prepare her.  She is 23 years old and is so cute.  Please pray that everything goes smoothly?

     This one is for Dad.  We were riding home with our investigator on the subway and I saw this man who was about your age Dad.  He did not look Korean, and we did start talking to him.  He turns out to be from Sao Paulo, Brazil, and I'm not sure how to spell that.......haha.  I told him that you served a mission in Brazil and he was interested in that.  He knew exactly where our church was, and he was soooooo nice.  I didn't know how to NOT be CREEPY and yet get his email address, but I gave him my card and said to please send me his email address so you can talk to him.  We talked about the Brazillian soccer team, and Later that day he actually texted us.  He works for the Korean Airlines, and lives very close to our house.  He forgot to send his email address but his name is Emillo and his number is 010-8680-3958.  I don't know how you could get in contact with him but I told him you would love to talk to him.  We will try and get the Elders to meet him.

     Tomorrow is a big meeting with the President and the assistants.  We call it MLC (Mission Leadership Council).  It should be good, and all the missionaries going home will have to talk and bear their testimony.  I am a little nervous to be honest.

     Well time has gone by so fast and I am so sorry for the lame email this week.  We are really trying to work hard and to stay focused.  I look forward to coming home and seeing you all, but my heart is tearing inside because I have to leave this beautiful land that I love so much.  Please pray for this Korean land, and please pray for all the missionaries around the world and in your ward.  This work is so important, and I challenge you all to give a referral to the missionaries in your area.  Find someone, and share your testimony.  Give a Book of Mormon to someone or just serve them, and remember it's not about you right?.:)

     Today we are shopping for food and getting some stuff done at home. My companion has a year left and she goes home in December.  She has a boyfriend who is waiting for her.  Oh my goodness I can not tell you how much fun my companion and I have together.  We are so crazy busy but I am not stressed because she constantly makes me laugh, and I couldn't do it without her.  Night time is so fun, because even though we are so exhausted that makes us laugh even more. haha!

     My typical schedule for the day is like this:  I wake up at 6:30 a.m. pray and exercise until 7:00 a.m.  Then we shower, eat breakfast, and at 8:00 am we start personal study.  Then at 9:00 am we do companionship study and 10:00 am we do language study.  then 11:00 am is lunch and12 pm we are out the door.  Every day is different but we usually have investigators, less actives or members to teach.  If not that we are on the  street finding people.  Always always always working.  It's great!   Then we get home at 9:00 pm and plan for the next day.  Then after that  we have to fill out records and get ready for bed, pray and then 10:30 pm we are in bed.  It's a very strict schedule but I wouldn't be able to do it if I wasn't structured.  I know myself too well haha....

     Yesterday after Gospel Principles on Sunday our ward mission leader sat down with us and our investigator, and tried to help her feel more calm about baptism.  She is the one who is scared to tell her parents.  I was very nervous that he was going to terrify her because she is SOOO shy, but it all worked out and was great.  He is a psychologist and he knew what he was doing.  His parents are Buddhist as well and he had a similar experience.  He helped her feel more calm and then suggested that we go over and meet her parents.  We will see what happens with that.  Once we get permission she can get baptized as fast as she wants. 

     I sang with the young women for their New Beginnings yesterday.  That was fun.  

     Justin, I just wanted to say to you,  this work is hard but so fun right?  I know and I understand.  One thing I have learned on my mission is that this is not about you.  You have 2 years to serve the Lord with everything you've got.  When I am on the subway and someone sits next to me and I don't really feel like talking, I think to myself, "Sister Moyer, it's not about you.  This may be THEIR chance to learn.  This is about THEM."  It has helped me open my mouth more, and love my companions more, and work more diligently.  Yeah you are blessed and you grow along the way, but it's still not about you.:)  There is the scripture in Matthew 10:37......not sure?......... "If you lose your life for my sake, ye shall find yourself."  

     Alyssa,  I just want to tell you how much I love you and most importantly how much mother and dad love you.  And MORE importantly how much Heavenly Father and your Savior love you. You have no idea how special you really are.  I just can't wait to help you with anything you need and to be there for you.  I can't wait to have long night talks with you and go on dates together.:)  Don't worry, you will see me in no time and we will have a blast.:)

     As CRAZY as this sounds, I'm going to miss sleeping on the floor.   I don't ever want to use forks again unless I have to.  Seriously I want to buy my own chopsticks and use them where ever I go. haha!  On the last 2 days of my mission we stay at the mission home and we get to go visit the areas we served in and go to the temple.  That will be so fun.

     What ever day you decide to go to California l don't care, but I have been dying to go to the beach with my family.  I'm so excited!

     Well I hope all of you are doing great, and Just know how much I really do love and appreciate all of you.  Thanks for all your support.  Talk to you next week.


                                                      Love, Michelle

No comments: