Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Dear fam and friends,

I love to see all the pictures of my family and to hear about life at home.  Alyssa, you sang amazing at your concert!  Thanks to all of you for writing me every week.  I feel connected still!  Some people don't get any emails so I greatly appreciate it.

This week was great, and even though it was very cold we worked really hard.  The other day we visited a member and her less active husband.  He has a drinking problem and doesn't have any interest in the missionaries.  That night he sat and talked to us and listened to our message and participated.  We closed with a prayer and then he asked if he could say a prayer for us.  I was touched as this man didn't know how to start the prayer or to end it but still bore a beautiful heart felt prayer.  I know there is hope for everyone.  It may take some years or a few months but everyone has the ability to feel the spirit again and to come back.   We must never give up on anyone.  I am so grateful for this gospel and for the knowledge that I have.  I am so grateful for God's plan, and to be serving in the best mission in the world.  It will be hard when I have to leave and go home.  I am so blessed to be called here.

Every morning we do an exercise called ABripper X and I love it. It's hard to do cardio here because it's so cold outside still.  Tonight I am bringing my guitar and we are singing in the subway again!   YEA!!  It's so fun and honestly it brings a lot of people to gather around, which really helps with missionary work.  

I love my companion and the other two girls that stay in our apartment.  We have so much fun every night.  Well last night……I was sleeping and I started to breath heavily.  Even though I have never been known to snore I suddenly did, and it woke me up and it caused me to cough heavily.  I was wearing ear plugs and I was half asleep still.  My comp turned to me and said, "Are you o.k.?"  I screamed, "YES!!!  I am O.K.!!…….I am o.k…….I am o.k…….I am o.k……..I am o.k…………..as I slowly drifted off to sleep.  My companion and roommates told me they just laughed. haha

My green smoothies are coming along great!! I feel super healthy when I drink them.  I would really like to receive Justin's emails so could you please send them? I got last weeks though. Thanks.

I am going to make this short today because I have a lot of people to write back.  There is one thing I want you all to know that I have learned so far on my mission and that is to be EXACTLY OBEDIENT!!!  I have seen a huge difference, and I promise you all that if you put your trust in God and obey His commandments, then you will receive blessings. I see so many missionaries that don't care about obeying ALL the rules and they take them lightly.  It makes me sad, but it also motivates me to be more obedient.

I love you all sooooooo much and I hope you have a great week!!  Keep being the best family in the world!  To my friends, I love you all and thanks for all of your support!!

        Love Michelle

No comments: