Thursday, January 14, 2016

I WISH I COULD TELL EVERYONE THAT JESUS CHRIST LIVES, AND THAT HE HAS RESTORED HIS CHURCH AGAIN ON THE EARTH!!

Dear family and friends,


     I hope that you all had a great week, and it sounds to me that you are doing well.  Mother, I think you will do great teaching Gospel Doctrine!  I have learned that when I prepare well for something I am less nervous.  Do all you can to prepare well and then when it starts, completely turn it over to the spirit to teach the people, and you will be amazed by what happens.

     It's soooo cold here in Korea but I like the cold so I am ok, but I will be relieved when I don't have to put on so many layers haha. Recently it's been blue skies, but sometimes the people walking around wear masks, because the pollution is pretty bad. The dust from China makes the pollution here worse, and most days are kind of dreary.  Today for P day we are just going to rest……Don't worry I will do SOMETHING fun before I leave.:)

     My health is good and the red rings on my body are slowly fading and going away.  YAY!!

     The Korean sister that previously wanted to be baptized is doing good, but she didn't talk to her parents like she said that she would.  She is so scared and because they are Buddhist it's too scary for her.  She promised us that she will talk to them this week.  If they say yes she will be baptized a week later.:)  Please continue to pray for her?

     The Korean ward members here are sad that I will be leaving home soon and they are really cracking down hard on giving us referrals because they know I'm leaving.  I am going to be heart broken……:(  We are trying to work our hardest.  Our main goal is a baptism, so we are trying to do EVERYTHING we can to see a baptism before I leave.  i also have learned on my mission that having baptisms does not mean complete success.  If the measure of success was your amount of baptisms, then you are basically saying your measure of success is based off of how people choose to use their free agency,  That just isn't fair. haha.  That is why baptisms do not equal success, but success on your mission is if you tried EVERYTHING you could and you did your best.

     I have also learned a valuable lesson on my mission.  You spend your whole mission trying to help others and to convert them to the gospel, but at the same time YOU BECOME CONVERTED to the gospel.  Missions are not about you though right?  What I have learned on my mission has really strengthened me and helped me in so many ways, but now when I return it's time to share that.  It's STILL NOT ABOUT ME.  My goal is to help others become more converted to the gospel and back on the path to happiness.  Missions are not about you…….. but YOU END UP being the most affected……..I LOVE MY MISSION!!!:)

     I'm singing next week in church and I still have no idea what I am going to sing yet.  I will decide next week.:)    My Mission President will be going home this July and the new Mission President already received his call and is from Ogden, Utah.

     Please don't forget to remind the lady from your ward to change the scripture on my mission plaque, to 3 Nephi 5:13.  Can you also put it in English and KOREAN???  That would be awesome!!

     If I could tell the Korean people with all my heart how I felt I would tell EVERYONE HERE that Jesus Christ LIVES and that He has restored His church again on the earth.  I would tell them that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  The reason why I would say these things is because in Korea, from my experience, most people think we don't believe in Christ.  A lot of people here are Buddhist so that's another reason.  They think we worship Joseph Smith or Mormon, and they think the Book of Mormon is just a joke.  No matter what I say to them, they don't believe me, and I wish so badly that I could convince EVERYONE!! ( or at least someone.)

     The hardest part I ever had on my mission looking back at it now was when I was half way through and called to be senior.  It was the hardest time of my mission because I had NO IDEA what I was doing, and I couldn't speak the language very well.   Oh……..that was tough.

     The reason I didn't want you all to come pick me up in Korea when my mission is over is  because I always dreamed of that moment walking off the plane and meeting my family with the big signs and balloons and all that stuff…..hahaha!  We will go back together another time and visit.:)

     Hey dad, I am so proud of you……. and sorry that work has been extra tough lately but if anyone can handle it, it's you. FIGHTING!!! :)  (That's a phrase in Korean that is popular.)

        I am going to keep this letter short because I have to go, but I love you all and hope you have a fabulous week.:)   

                                                       I LOVE YOU, Michelle

No comments: