Tuesday, February 23, 2016

THIS MISSION HAS CHANGED MY LIFE, AND I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THIS HARD TO COME HOME FROM A MISSION.  I WILL PROBABLY BE BAWLING ON THE PLANE ALL THE WAY HOME.



Dear family and friends,

     Well I hope all of you are doing great.  I have to tell you I feel very anxious, and everything is really starting to hit me.  I almost had a melt down yesterday, and my companion had to tell me all the things I can look forward to in the U.S. because I was so distraught from the fact that I have to leave Korea.  I am fine though but I will probably be bawling all the way home on the plane.  It's a sensitive subject right now to talk about myself leaving so soon, and it's harder than you can even imagine.

     Today for P day I am going to go to my greenie area to go shopping, and I'm buying some last things I want to bring home from Korea.  I got to sing and play my guitar for a beautiful wedding on Saturday.  They first asked me to sing my original song, "Middle of Starting Over," but then they changed it to Bruno Mars's song, "Count on Me."  It went well and I will show you videos when I get home.

     The weather is cold but not too bad.  Yesterday I actually sang my solo, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives,"  in Sacrament Meeting.  I was supposed to sing it next week after my last talk,  but the ward planned another number for that day.  It went really well and don't worry, one of the young women did an audio recording for me.:)  They even had me sing it again during Sunday School for the youth, and the Bishop's daughter played the piano for me.  

     Yesterday was kind of a mess........We had three investigators that said they would come to church.  One didn't wake up, one was cancelled right before, and one was feeling sick.  So no investigators came, but it's ok!   Church was still great.:)

     I have been learning how to cook Korean food a lot lately and the members have reached out to help me as well.  I don't really like the American food here and don't eat any of their food except maybe sometimes some oatmeal.  

     I love speaking in front of people now and I feel a lot more confidence, especially when it comes to the Gospel.  I really want to speak to the youth when I get home because there's so much I would love to tell them.:)

     Do you think that I could have my former stake president release me, Brother Sandstrom?  He set me apart and I would really like it if he could release me?  Is that possible?

     As I look back on my memories of the MTC at the beginning of my mission, I remember I thought learning this difficult Korean language was so hard, and being with a girl suddenly 24/7 and always trying to make her happy was difficult. I loved though the peace I felt at the MTC and the spirit there. The MTC life and actually living in Korea were so different that you can't compare them.   I slowly began to learn patience, and the new way of life was different but so exciting as well.  

     I feel my pronunciation of the Korean language has really improved and I also have loved the challenge of learning it.  At the close of my mission I just want you all to know that I'm just so grateful for the opportunity to serve in this wonderful land of Korea, and for the privilege of representing Jesus Christ as His missionary.  I have learned so many things on my mission that I can't even begin to tell you how I feel at this time.  Every day I feel it's such an honor to be here, and I never thought it would be THIS HARD to come home from a mission.:)    I truly love every part of this work, and I can't  express myself fully in words. The Korean's will always have a special place in my heart.  

     I just want all of you to know how much this mission has changed me.  It means everything to me!!!  If you are serving a mission or have served a mission you know what I am talking about.  I can never ever deny what I taught these  people.  I have learned how to love someone that is hard to get along with, and learned how to be patient with others but also myself.  I have gained the strongest testimony that I have ever had in my entire life, and I know it's only up hill from here.  I am NEVER going back to how I used to be.   I have learned that this mission is about other people and not about me, and that's a lesson I want to take into my marriage as well.  I have learned how to listen to the  Holy Ghost and discern truth when I hear it.  I have learned to be clean and always clean up after myself.:)    I have learned to be more  responsible and more dependable, and I have learned the importance of being on time.  I even learned how to COOK!!!:)  I also learned how to take really FAST SHOWERS, and I developed good study habits.   I could go on and on about things I have learned but the truth is, even though I am learning  it,  I STILL make mistakes and am still trying at all these things.:)  Mistakes are part of life, but we live and we learn right?

    This Gospel is true and if YOU LET IT, it will change you and you will find true happiness.:)  Heavenly Father has helped  me and He has molded me into the person I was meant to become at the end of my mission.  I am not done.  I still have so much more to go, but this mission has blessed me more than I can say.  Now I get to come home and once again share my testimony.  I am so grateful!!!  My mission has truly changed my life.

     I love you all so much and I look forward to seeing you all when I get home.........very soon! :)



                                                            Love, Sister Moyer 

No comments: