Friday, April 17, 2015

Dear fam and friends,

     Good news!  I finally got to watch Conference here and it was amazing!!  It was a little scattered but it was still great.  Let me tell you of a funny experience I had on Saturday morning as we sat together alone  with the 4 elders in our district. We were sitting in a room in the church watching conference on the computer.  Suddenly President Boyd K. Packer started his talk and it just got real awkward…….haha. Long story short it was pretty awkward until one Elder just BURST out laughing!!  If you don't know what talk I'm talking about then I suggest you go watch it again.  You can't understand some of the words in the talk, but anyway the situation was funny and we just all had such a fun time.  My district is the best and we are all such good friends. We ordered food and just had a blast watching conference together.  One of my favorite parts of conference is always the music, and I loved it!  My favorite talk was from Elder Holland, and it really hit me hard.  If everyone watched and listened to that talk they would be converted.                

     The weather is warming up here, and the cherry blossoms are out. It's so beautiful!!. Today we are hiking with the elders. This last week I had to do one of the scariest things ever and that was to train our zone in KOREAN!!!!!   aww I wanted to hide, but like I said before I had to take it by the horns and just DO IT!!  It was very hard for me but I grew a lot from it.  I at least had my companion there to do it with me.

     I recently received an email from Shaley Shaver who was called to serve in Korea. She said that she has studied 3 different languages, and nothing has ever been this hard, but she is loving her mission.  This Saturday we are excited to put on our big music night that the stake presidency is coming to. I am playing the guitar and we are singing for this. I love my companion so much.  She is aways so in tune with the spirit and is always loving.  She has really brought out a side in me I didn't know I had, and I am so happy to have her as my companion, and be able to learn so much from her.

     I still teach English every week, and I have to admit I'm kinda getting tired of teaching so much English and would really like to teach the gospel more.  So I use my guitar and sing, and share the gospel a lot through song in these classes. 

     I love this gospel and I am so grateful for the love that our Heavenly Father has for us.  I know that as we keep the commandments we will be truly happy. :)


         
                 Love you all so much,
                                      Michelle

No comments: