Tuesday, June 2, 2015

 Dear fam and friends,

     Well first off,  I want you to know that I LOVE YOU!!!!  I have prayed for you as a family harder then ever this week.  When I do that I just feel so much closer to you and I receive more strength. 

      This week was very successful but I was very drained.  We reached most of our goals this week, so that was amazing, but I want to share something with you that happened. Last Saturday we decided to go tracting in the park, and we call it "park tracking."  haha  We were walking around this track with families all over the place, and we found this lady who was sitting alone.  We started to talk with her and explain who we were and that we were there to spread happiness in her life.  She suddenly stood up and gave us a huge hug,  and she said, "Thank you so much for talking to me.  I do feel so much happiness right now, and I really needed that.  You two are angels."  We talked for awhile and gave her our number and went on our way.  Then we were walking along and suddenly this 87 year old man saw us and gave us this cute little smile.  We greeted him and started to talk with him.   He was walking very slowly. (He was 87 for crying out loud!)  haha  We walked with him and I tried to follow his pace.  He started telling us how he was very very tired, and because we started to talk with him he said, "I'm not tired anymore!" haha  He told us we have beautiful hearts and are like angels.  We walked with him and talked for about 45 minutes, and by the end I thought my feet were going to go numb, just because of the slow movement,  but I never wanted to stop talking to him. haha   He reminded me of my sweet grandpa Jack who passed away.  We shared why we are here, and what we believe, and when we did,  he just glowed.  Then he told us that because we made him so happy, he wanted us to come back again.:)  Well, this week we did come back, and we were walking along and trying to find him, when suddenly we spotted him. He looked up at us and said, "WOW!  You kept your promise and I'm SO HAPPY!"  He introduced us to his friend who he had told everything about us to.  His friend started asking about us and started asking questions about our church.  Then when we were about to leave, they asked us again to come next week, and the older man's friend said, "And I will be here TOO!"  I can't explain to you the happiness that we saw in these men.  They were just gleaming:)  We are just trying to spread some happiness and sunshine over here in Korea!:)  

       Things are easing up now and my stress level is much better.  I'm learning to handle my time  and take things in stride.  Some of the sisters I live with have a problem with depression, and so I am learning to deal with others problems, which is good for me to learn patience.  My companion loves to work hard and I really like that about her.

      This week we had a big combined mission conference.  A member of the seventy came to speak to us, and it was the most amazing talk I have ever heard as a missionary.  It pumped me up so much.  Then I got to see all my other friends from the other mission, like Sister Jamie Wilcox and others that were in my MTC district.  The best part was I got to see and talk to Sister Shantel Shaver from Mesa, AZ.  We just hugged and cried and cried when we saw each other.  I just wanted to talk to her forever, so we tried to spend as much time as possible.  They only gave us 15 minutes to talk to our friends and then we had to say goodbye.  I told her, "o.k I will see you after the mission!!"  That was the only chance I had to see the other missionaries.

     Yesterday my mission president must have felt inspiration to call me.  He took 15 minutes to talk to me over the phone and he just comforted me, even though I don't know how he would ever have known I had felt so stressed the week before.  He talked to me about when Joseph Smith was in Liberty Jail, and then he shared the scripture by memory when Joseph asked, "Oh God, where art thou?" And the Lord responded with his comforting words, "My Son, peace be unto thy soul.  Thine adversities and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment, and if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high."  As my president said these words I burst into tears.  It was as if I could hear my Savior's voice saying those words to me.  My mission President always brings so much comfort to us, and this time he brought complete peace to my soul.  That was a very special moment for me, and I was very grateful for his love and concern to bless my life with those words.

     I can't think of one thing in particular that made me want to laugh, but I just laughed a lot more this week and just was my carefree self again.  Today for p day we are going to the zoo!!  Yea! I'm excited!  My health is great and my eye is doing fantastic, with no problems!  Yesterday our ward mission leader just asked me at church if we could put on a music night for the whole ward, and everyone is so excited!!  I have prayed so much more fervently this week, and I have found in doing so it helps me get through the day.

     I am so thankful for such a great mission president.  Life is good, and I'm learning so much every day!   I love all of you guys so much!!!!!
                             

              Love, Michelle

No comments: